October Small Goals

I cannot believe we are already into October this year is flying by! As the official start of all things fall, October is one of my favorite months. Plus, Halloween is at the end of the month and there’s a Friday the 13th this year. To celebrate the season, I decorated my apartment for Halloween and started baking a lot of fall treats: candy corn-shaped sugar cookies, sugar cookies with candy corns in them, pumpkin pie and pumpkin muffins. This time of year makes me feel inspired and cozy, so I can’t wait to see what this month brings.
First, though,  let’s take a quick look back at September:
  1. Finish buying materials for DIY wedding projects – Okay, I didn’t finish buying things, but I made a better plan in order to see what I really need to buy. I didn’t want to order a bunch of stuff only to realize some of it wouldn’t work. So, with my mom's help, I came up with a more strategic plan and a list of things I will definitely need to buy.
  2. Be more active in the blogger community – I did pretty well with this goal because I was more active in my Facebook groups. In effect, I got a few extra blog views and some good advice from my fellow bloggers.
  3. Take some pictures of myself for the blog – Check! I feel so accomplished because this is something I didn’t think I would actually do. You can check out the post here. Now, I just have to keep it up and do it more often.
  4. Stylize my dresser hutch better – I did not do this goal. I’m still not 100-percent sure what I want to do with it, so I’m still gathering ideas. I didn’t think this would be such a challenge but I’m finding it hard to stylize and make it look nice without looking too cluttered. We’ll see how it goes.
Two out of four is not too bad.At least I made some progress toward the goals I didn't accomplish yet, right? Now let’s move on to October!
  1. Bake a fall-themed treat every week – I love baking and I love fall. This gives me an excuse to use more pumpkin and come up with some fun Halloween-themed treats. I have a list on my phone of things I want to make, so I’m just going to try to get through as many as I can. Some of them are pretty simple like cake pops, but there are some which will be a bit more time consuming, like pumpkin pastries. I can’t wait! Just typing this out is making me want to go to the kitchen to make something!
  2. Make my step goal five days a weekSo, I have a Samsung smart watch and I love it because it counts my steps. I recently bumped up my step goal on it to 10,000 steps a day because I was achieving my previous 6,000 step goal. I chose 10,000 because that’s actually closer to what I have been doing. I only want to accomplish this new goal five times a week because I need a day or two to just sit around and do things that make me happy. This will still be a challenge, but I think this will make me feel like I’m a little more active. Plus if I hit 10,000 steps, I can go to Coldstone to get some of their pumpkin cheesecake ice cream ;).
  3. Go to a corn maze, haunted house, a pumpkin patch and watch scary movies...Basically do all things fall. Last year, Kody and I went to a corn maze and had so much fun, so I’m looking forward to going again and maybe trying out a new one. I also want to go to a pumpkin patch to get pumpkins to carve. Also, the place we are going to be married at next year holds its own fall festival, so I can’t wait for that either!
  4. Start a 365 day challenge – Since the beginning of fall makes me feel so inspired, I thought this would be a great time to start a 365 day challenge. If you’re unfamiliar with the concept, it’s simple: pick one project to do every day for a year. Since I get bored easily, I want to try a photo a day challenge because I think this will be a little different each time. It’s also easy enough to fit into my schedule without having to overthink everything. I actually want to make it a mini-series on here because it’ll force me to actually keep up with it.
What are some things you are looking forward to this October? What season is your favorite?
Molly

Credits//Author: Molly Adamczyk. Photography: Molly Adamczyk Copy Editor: Ashley Adamczyk

Comments

Post a Comment

  1. Ur fav MOTHER N LAWOctober 1, 2017 at 6:48 PM

    Great blog!i luv fall too. 1.when you try those new recipies see if u can get kody to eat healthy ones,or sneak in healthy ingredients, he might never know the dif.2 have kody go w/on 10,000 steps, lord knows he could use the exercise!��3.put kody in your pics too.I could use some of u2 for my wall! Love u both����
    Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! And I'll try to take a picture with Kody, the hard part is trying to get him to not make a weird face!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Halloween and all things fall. I have all sorts of events and activities that I'm planning to do, so hopefully we can both fit everything in!! :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bake a fall-themed treat every week sounds like a delicious goal! :) And I struggle with being active in the blogging community too. Link-ups definitely help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your Oct goals. I'm working on uping my step goal too. I'm at 8,000 right now, but would like to up it to 10,000 by the start of the new year. Also, "Yay!" for doing all the fun fall things.

    My Sept Wrap Up and OCt Goals if you want to take a look: http://books.thetechchef.net/september-wrap-up-and-october-goals/

    ReplyDelete

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest