Finlay Donovan Is Killing It

 


Finlay Donovan Is Killing It 

By: Elle Cosimano   
Released: February 2nd, 2021  
Pages: 368
My Rating: 4/5 

Goodreads Synopsis: 
Finlay Donpvan is killing it... except, she's really not. She's a stressed-out-single-mom of two and struggling novelist, Finlay's life is in chaos: the new book she promised her literary agent isn't written, her ex-husband fired the nanny without telling her, and this morning she had to send her four-year-old to school with hair duct-taped to her head after an incident with scissors. 

When Finlay is overheard discussing the plot of her new suspense novel with her agent over lunch, she's mistaken for a contract killer, and inadvertently accepts an offer to dispose of a problem husband in order to make ends meet... Soon, Finlay discovers the crime in real life is a lot more difficult than its fictional counterpart, as she becomes tangled in a real-life murder investigation. 

My Review:  

I found this book through bookstagram and after reading it I now know why everyone was posting about it. What a fun idea for a mystery novel! I could not put this book down and got through it in just about two days. So happy I picked this one up.

I thought Finlay was a riot and was so fun to get to know. I also loved seeing her relationships with Vero, her sister, Nick, and Jullian play out. She was a very likable main character and relatable in far too many ways. I found myself saying, "yes this would also be me in this situation" far too many times (white sneakers in a spin class and also tripping/falling in heels - am I right?!). 

My only critique of this book is that it felt a tad predictable. There were many parts that I guessed right of the bat and was right on (which is usually a bummer for me) but in this case the writing made me want to continue on even if I knew where things were headed. I was more attached to the characters themselves than solely the story line alone. 

I know I am one of the last people to have read this one, but have you? What did you think? Are you team open the last letter at the end or keep it closed? I would have ripped that puppy open the moment I was alone in the car. 

Catch you later, 
Molly 

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest