Ace of Spades Review


 

Ace of Spades 

By: Faridah Abike-lyimde
Released: June 10th, 2021
Pages: 480
My Rating: 5/5 

Goodreads Synopsis: 
Welcome to Niveus Private Academy, where money paves the hallways, and the students are never less than perfect. Until now. Because anonymous texter, Aces, is bringing two students' dark secrets to light.

Talented musician Devon buries himself in rehearsals, but he can't escape the spotlight when his private photos go public. Head girl Chiamaka isn't afraid to get what she wants, but soon everyone will know the price she has paid for power.  

Someone is out to get them both. Someone who holds all the aces. And they're planning much more than a high-school game...

My Review:
OMG this book! I do not remember the last time I felt so giddy to pick up a book, but I was so excited every chance I got to pick this up. I cannot say anything but good things about this book. It is wonderfully written and hits on some deep topics. And the characters, oh the characters in this. Wow. It's hard not to fall in love with our two main characters. I still cannot stop looking at all the fan art of them. 

I found this book through booktube and as soon as I heard it was similar to gossip girl I knew I needed to read it. Gossip Girl is one of my favorite shows of all time and I was excited to get a bit of that in a new book. It read so much like Gossip Girl but in a much deeper way. It's like a Gossip Girl meets Jordan Peele mashup and I need more! 

Honestly, if this does not get voted for book of the year Goodreads I will be surprised. It deserves that and so much more. If you have not picked this up please do so. This book deserves so much more recognition because it is truly a masterpiece. 
 
Signing off, 
Molly 

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest