We Are the Brennans Review

 


We Are the Brennans 

By: Tracey Lange 
Released: August 3rd, 2021  
Pages: 288
My Rating: 4/5 

Goodreads Synopsis: 
When twenty-nine-year-old Sunday Brennan wakes up in a Los Angeles hospital, bruised and battered after a drunk night driving accident she caused, she swallows her pride and goes home to her family in New York. But it's not easy. She deserted them all - and her high school sweetheart - five years before with little explanation, and they've got questions. 

Sunday is determined to rebuild her life back on the east coast, even if it does mean tiptoeing around resentful brothers and an ex-fiancé. The longer she stays, however, the more she realizes they need her just as much as she needs them. When a dangerous man from her past brings her family's pub business to the brink of financial ruin, the only way to protect them is to upend all their secrets - secrets that have damaged the family for generations and will threaten everything they know about their lives. IN the aftermath, the Brennan family is forced to confront painful mistakes - and ultimately find a way forward, together. 
 
My Review: 
I will be honest, I almost skipped July with my Book of the Month subscription - none of the titles really spoke to me. However, I decided to choose one because I really wanted to grab Survive the Night as a add on and to do that I needed to pick a main selection. So, I reread all the synopsis's and settled on We Are the Brennans in large part due to the fact that it seemed like a family drama and I never shut down a heavily character driven novel. 

I am so glad I decided to pick this one up! The Brennan family is not perfect by any means but I really connected with them as a whole. At the end of the day, who's family is perfect? We all have flaws no matter what and this was a great look at how this family worked together to get through their flaws. You get to see how a accident really gets a family to become closer than they have been in years and it was heartwarming to see, even though more mishaps come to light and more drama happens. It was rewarding getting to see each character open up more and more to one another. 

This is a fairly short read but packs a punch and does carry some glances at heavy topics. If you are someone like me who loves character driven novels and getting to know each person you are reading about well, this is going to be a great book for you. If you are looking for a slice of life book that deals with family secrets this is a wonderful choice. 

Catch you later, 
Molly 









Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest