August Small Goals



It’s the start of a new month, which means it’s time for another set of small goals!
First, though, let’s take a look back at July.
  1. Set up an achievable budget for myself and follow it: Although there were some growing pains, I set up a budget for myself and followed it. I just set up a new one for August using the same goals as the previous month with one major exception: a section for wedding planning. Boy, that is finally taking off! More on that adventure in another post, though :)
  2. Eat out once a week – Similarly, I think I also did pretty well with this goal. However, the last week of July was hard for me because it was Kody’s birthday week, meaning I may have cheated a little bit. Could I do better? Yes… So, I’m including it again as a small goal for August.
  3. Eliminate some of my anxiety – Until the end of the month, I did a good job with this goal. When I get into wedding planning mode, though, it is hard not to get worked up because there’s just so much going on all at once. But, I’ve just been trying to keep myself busy and do things that I enjoy. I even took up embroidery and bought a new puzzle book to do on my lunch breaks at work or at home. I am happy to report that both hobbies are successfully helping me relax.
  4. Blog more – Out of all of my goals, I improved upon this one the most by posting once a week all month long. I feel satisfied about this achievement because my blogging schedule has been a good balance for me. I hope to post more at some point, but I’m not trying to rush into it. Again, I don’t want to burn myself out or anything. But blogging has been so therapeutic for me and I love being back in the habit.
Overall, I’ll say I accomplished 75-percent of my July goals. Looking back, I feel like I can do better with trying to eat out less.
Now, let’s jump into my August small goals!
  1. Eat out once a weekAs I said, I know I can do better. So, this time around, I want to be strict, following this goal with a renewed focus.
  2. Finish Small Sacrifices by Ann Rule – I’ve been casually reading this book for about the past month, but I want to buckle down and finish it. It’s such a good read and I love learning more about the Diane Downs case. Plus, the sooner I finish it, the sooner I can start the new true crime books I just bought.
  3. Clean out my closetRecently, I went through my closet and got rid of everything that didn’t bring me joy. I had so many items that I haven’t worn in yearssome even from high school. I feel so much better about my closet situation because it only contains the clothes I absolutely love to wear. Now, I want to take everything out of my closet and just organize.
  4. Start a wedding series on the blog – I think this part of my life would be a fun little thing to start sharing on here. I’ll tell you about the whole process, my current thoughts and my overall vision. So, keep an eye out for that series (hopefully)!
Well, there you have it: my small goals for August! Let me know if you guys do small goals posts by linking them down below, or just sending them in a comment!
Let’s do this!

Molly     

Credits//Author: Molly Adamczyk. Photography: Molly Adamczyk Copy Editor: Ashley Adamczyk

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest