Stop! Planner Time


From paper planners to apps, it has taken me forever to find a planner that works well for me. My problem is staying consistent because I last maybe a week with a planner and then just give it up. In effect, I began making massive “to do” lists for the week, which became too overwhelming.
So, after dealing with a growing list of goals and reminders, I made the executive decision to try a paper planner again (There’s just something about writing things down that I love.). However, due to my track record with planners, I knew I had to do some research before purchasing one. That’s when I discovered Happy Planner.
To be completely honest, I initially thought this was a waste of money. For those of you unfamiliar with Happy Planner, you buy a planner (there are so many different options for covers) and the sticker books to go along with it. You can also add on a protective cover, a special pen and a paper punch for the unique binding. All of those accessories sounded excessive to me (and still does to a certain point!). That being said, guess who bought themselves a Happy Planner?
Now, I know what you’re thinking: “Wait a minute… She just said it was a hoax. Why did she buy it?” So, let me explain. I love the layout of these planners because unlike most traditional planners, Happy Planner’s spacious area for writing is displayed vertically by day—perfect for list-lovers like myself. Additionally, the weeks start on Mondays, which makes my life easier since it lines up with my work schedule. Lastly, I also purchased my Happy Planner because it reminded me a lot of Project Life, a simplified scrapbooking kit. I always wanted to try a Project Life kit because its precut paper and special sheet protectors make scrapbooking so easy. However, I never took enough pictures to get into scrapbooking. But, when Happy Planner reminded me of Project Life, I instantly knew I wanted to give it a try.



So, I went over to my local Michael’s to pick out a planner and a sticker book to go with it. Although I wanted all of the books, I only let myself get one because I am notorious for getting obsessed with something for a while and not caring about it at all for months afterward.
At home, I opened up the sticker book and started to set up my planner for the week ahead. I only prepared for one week because I want to add setting up my planner to my Sunday night routineI think it would be therapeutic.
While I still think some of the Happy Planner line is a hoax (I’m looking at you, special pen...), I can see just how easy it is to get sucked in. Luckily, I found that the less expensive sticker books from Michaels brand work perfectly well. Yet, if you use stickers in your planners, let me know where you buy them—I’ve somehow let myself become a sticker hoarder.



Overall, there’s something about being able to decorate my planner while writing in all the things I need to do that makes it fun. Also, I can manage my stress levels better because in place of making my ginormous to do list, I can lay things out day by day. This aspect has significantly helped me with wedding planning, which you can read more about that journey here.
Do any of you use a planner? If so, which one: app, bullet journal or paper planner? Have you tried Happy Planner?   
Here’s to being organized!
Molly           


This post is not sponsored. All thoughts, opinions and love for this planner (and stickers) are solely my own.

Credits//Author: Molly Adamczyk. Photography: Molly Adamczyk Copy Editor: Ashley Adamczyk

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest