Essie Fall 2017 Collection


In case you didn’t know, I have a slight obsession with nail polish—especially Essie nail polish. Any color from this brand wears so well on my nails that it stays on a whole week without chipping on me. I love sitting down every week, throwing on a podcast and just painting my nails. Picking out a color is the hardest part for me because I want a little of everything.
Essie recently came out with their new Fall 2017 collection and I couldn’t pick just one color, so I scooped up all of them. Since this 90s-themed collection is already one of my favorites, I’m going to share my thoughts on each color and the collection as a whole.

Girly Grunge –This is my favorite color in the collection. It is very unique silvery purple color and just looks so cool on my nails. I love that it has more of a cooler tone to it because most of the other colors I gravitate toward are warmer tones. In other words, this color is more unexpected and I just love it! This polish required two coats and it is one you have to work with a little quicker the brushstrokes can become very visible as it dries. But, even if that happen, just go with it the look adds to the 90s feel of the collection.

Dressed To The NinetiesThis is my second favorite in the collection. It looks like a darker purple color on the nails at first, but has a green shift when the light catches it, which is an unexpected surprise. This color screams fall to me and I know it will be a go-to polish for me in October.This color also took two coats and went on very easily for me.

Knee-High Life – I cannot wait to sport this color all fall! It is the perfect berry red. When I see this color, I immediately think of falling leaves, picking pumpkins and drinking cider. I definitely needed two coats of this polish, as the first one was a little bit streaky. But once that second coat was on, you couldn’t even tell.

As If! – This is the color I probably got the most compliments on when wearing it. This is the perfect blue shade for fall because, unlike a lot of other blue polishes, this periwinkle blue color has a bit of red undertones. Again, this polish took two coats to look opaque.

Saved By the Belle – When I first bought this color, I was a little nervous it would be just like any of my other baby pinks polishes. Thankfully, I was excited to see that it was actually very different due to its blue undertones. Although this polish still took two coats, it was probably the easiest one to put on.

MixTaupe – This color is the only neutral shade in the collection. It's a warm ivory shade with some pink undertones to it. I love painting my nails neutral colors, so having that little hint of pink just makes it so much prettier. That being said, this is also the color I had the hardest time putting on because it can become too thick very easily. I still painted on two coats, but I was very careful to blend out the color between coats.

So, those are all of the colors in the new Essie Fall collection! As a side note, I also used the Essie Grow Stronger Base Coat and the Gel Setter Top Coat and Drying Drops with all of these polishes. I do this every time I paint my nails because it helps the colors last even longer.
Have you tried any of these shades? What color is your favorite?

Molly

Credits//Author: Molly Adamczyk. Photography: Molly Adamczyk Copy Editor: Ashley Adamczyk

Comments

Post a Comment

  1. Bro, the photos in this post are A++++ I just kept staring at them! Leveling up all the time

    ReplyDelete

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest