My Favorite Podcasts Pt. 2


The worse my anxiety gets, the more I want to listen to true crime podcasts to calm me down (is this weird?). While I have been trying to eliminate my anxiety lately by staying busy, wedding planning As a result, I have been listening to more and more podcasts lately—I constantly have one on no matter what I’m doing. Additionally, I’ve been trying to keep myself busy with different hobbies to prevent myself from obsessing over my worries. For example, Kody picked me up a puzzle, which I have been enjoying. Of course, though, I must have a podcast playing while I’m working on it. Due to my latest addiction to podcasts, I thought I would provide another round of my favorites. 

Are you ready? Let’s jump right in!

“You Must Remember This” – Although true crime is not the primary focus of this podcast,the topic does come up every now and then. I love this series because it dives into the biggest stories and scandals of 20th century Hollywood. The host, a former film critic, really does her research. As such, I can always count on accurate information while also learning some new things about Hollywood’s early years. The episode that really got me hooked on this podcast was a three-part series on the Manson Murders. If you are Hollywood-obsessed, I would definitely recommend this podcast. 

“Thinking Sideways” – This is another series that is not strictly true crime, but it dives into unsolved mysteries. One of my favorite episodes is one on the dog suicide bridge (if you don’t know about this, look it up or listen to the episode—really fascinating). The hosts skeptically look into mysteries that are odd and try to logically look at them to reach some kind of explanation. In doing so, the dynamic between the three hosts makes this podcast enticing and, of course, interesting. If you like odd stories of the world, give this one a listen.  

“Lore” – Have you ever wondered how an urban legend is formed? If so, be sure to check out this podcast. This series examines the history of many modern superstitions, which—fair warning can get kind of dark. For me, though, I just find it incredibly interesting. I love the episode on the history of vampires because there was so much information that I didn’t know. Also, this podcast is great at setting the mood for its spooky content because the host’s tone combined with the background music alone are a perfect match. This one is supposedly turning into a TV show at some point, which I am so excited about! For now, though, listen in if you want to brush up on your superstitions.

“Last Podcast on the Left” – I consider this podcast to be very similar to “Thinking Sideways” except it is much more true crime-based. This one focuses on cults, serial killers and slashers. I love so many episodes from this series that I can’t name just one favorite. Plus, due to the sheer abundance of episodes, I don't think I’m even half way through yet. So, if you are a true crime addict (like myself) and aren’t already listening to this one, do it.

“No Sleep Podcast” – I don’t remember how I exactly got into this podcast, but it is equally fascinating and terrifying. This series is all about original horror stories, and they’re so good! Like “Lore,” this podcast also sets the mood because its background music makes it all the scarier. Most of the episodes have four or five different stories in them which are done so well, they make me want to write a horror story. If you want something to really make you think while slightly scaring you, this one is a great choice.

Well, that sums up my second round of my favorite podcasts. If you haven’t already, you can check out round one here.

Have you listened to any of these podcasts? Let me know what you are currently listening to—I love to get recommendations.


Molly 

Credits//Author: Molly Adamczyk. Photography: Molly Adamczyk Copy Editor: Ashley Adamczyk

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest