My Favorite Podcasts


What can I say?I love podcasts.
I could literally listen to them all day, but especially when I’m doing my makeup, cooking, sewing and working on this blog. In fact, thanks to my "true crime" obsession, I easily get creeped out and start to assume any noise in my house is someone trying to kill me. So, I am someone who needs a little background noise while working. Plus, listening to something just makes whatever I’m doing all the more enjoyable while keeping me sane.
After going through my podcasts the other day on the app, "CastBox," I noticed I accumulated quite a few. So, I rounded up my top five and decided to share some of my favorites. However, don’t worry there will be a round two!). (Fair warning: Please be advised that most of my favorite podcasts are about true crime.)
To be completely honest, I stumbled upon this podcast recently but it easily became one of my favorites. Finally, I don’t feel like a weirdo for liking all things true crime because the hosts, Karen and Georgia, have this amazing way of making you feel like you’re all best friends just talking about murder. In fact, I am so obsessed with this podcast that I listened to every episode in one week. Truly, it was the only thing I would listen toand I even think it started to freak Kody out. The episodes are about the hosts' favorite murders as well as "minisodes," which lets listeners submit murders from their hometowns for Karen and Georgia to discuss too! So, if you are like myself and love true crime, you have to check this one out.
This podcast is all about the unsolved disappearance of Tara Grinstead who went missing on October 23, 2005 and has never been found. The podcast investigates different theories and leads while analyzing important details. Even though this podcast is about a cold case, there have been some breaks in it the case within the past month and, so, it follows that too. This one has weekly episodes discussing the case, but also episodes that allow listeners to call in, ask questions and get answers. Honestly, this series made me consider starting my own podcast, exploring different cases.
While the first two podcast were true crime in the sense of murder and missing persons, Criminal is a little different. Basically, it covers a broad range of crimes, from the quirky to the “say what?” and everything in between. I just love how one week they could talk about a murderous nurse and then discuss someone who murdered a sacred tree the following week. Simply put, it is one that certainly always keeps my interest.
As an avid Hills fan, when I saw that Lo Bosworth was coming out with her own podcast, I had to listen immediately. Joining her two best friends, Jilly and Gretchen, the three just talk about life with episodes ranging from relationship advice to health and wellness—things that anyone can relate to. I love this one because it is literally just like I am talking to girls I’ve been friends with for years and they all have great perspectives. Usually, the girls have a guest on the show to correlate with the episode's theme. This one is such a women-empowerment-podcast that instantly puts me in a good “go get 'em” mentality.
Similarly to Lady Lovin’, this podcast is also a women-empowerment-podcast hosted by Lena Dunham who enlists a great group of women every episode to help her out. This one is a little more serious than Lady Lovin’ , but really focuses on women rooting for women and sticking together. Girl power, ya' know. Sometimes, that is just what you need to listen to. So, if you love feeling empowered and want more reasons why it’s awesome to be a woman, check this one out.
Well, there you have it: my top five podcasts. I will be making a part two because, like I said, I have a ton that I have been listening to, so be sure to watch out for that.
Let me know some of your favorites down below. Or, if we have one in common, let’s talk about it!


Molly



Credits//Author: Molly Adamczyk. Photography: Molly Adamczyk Copy Editor: Ashley Adamczyk

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest