Putt Putt Tournament



So, I did something pretty out-of-the-box the other night: I went to my first putt-putt tournament. I know this might seem random, but it’s basically the only sport (?) I can play well because I am probably the most uncoordinated person you’ll ever meet.

It was a fun time. I ended up coming in second in my division and won four free games. I brought Kody with me and he played too. They paired everyone up in groups of three to go through the course to make sure everyone’s score cards matched up. We played one course three times, turning in our three scorecards after each round so the owner could write the standings of everyone on a big bracket. The whole thing was pretty exciting.

I was the only girl, which was different for me and I was surprised no other women were playing in the tournament. Actually, most of the people playing were either about my age or quite a bit older. It was pretty funny to see how serious some people got about the tournament. Many of the older men had their own putters, golf balls and even a suction cup on the end of their putters to pick up their golf balls for them. Like them, I had my own golf ball: an 8-ball my mom got me. I loved this one because it reminded me of a magic 8-ball (who else had one?). Kody was so excited at the end of the tournament that he even bought his own ball too (HA!). He picked one with dolphins on it since his favorite football team is the Miami Dolphins. When he picked it up we both looked at each other and agreed he had to get that one.

We’re definitely going back for more tournaments.

Honestly, the whole thing was so much fun and I’m excited to make this activity more of a regular thing for Kody and me to do together. I feel proud of myself for actually going and putting myself out there because I tend to be pretty anti-social at times. So, because I let my anxiety and nerves get the better of me, sometimes I either cancel or chicken out of going places and doing things. Even before we left to go to the tournament, I thought about just staying home instead. But, I’m glad I went because it was a good time and it actually was a nice stress-reliever once we got started (leading up to the start time I was a nervous wreck). Simply put, I ended up doing a lot better than I thought I would and it made for a great date night.

Have any of you guys done a putt-putt tournament before? How did it go?

Here’s to not chickening out and putting myself out there!

Molly     



Credits//Author: Molly Adamczyk. Photography: Molly Adamczyk 
Copy Editor: Ashley Adamczyk

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest