China Rich Girlfriend

 


China Rich Girlfriend 

By: Kevin Kwan 

Released: June 16th, 2015

Pages: 479 

My Rating: /5


Goodreads Synopsis:

On the eve of her wedding to Nicholas Young, heir to one of the greatest fortunes in Asia, Rachel should be over the moon. She has a flawless Asscher-cut diamonds from JAR, a wedding dress she loves more than anything found in the salons of Paris, and a finance willing to sacrifice his entire inheritance in order to marry her. But Rachel still morns the fact that her birthfather, a man she never knew, won't be able to walk her down the aisle. Until: a shocking revelation draws Rachel into a world of Shanghai splendor beyond anything she has ever imagined. Here we meet Carlton, a Ferrari-crashing bad boy known for Prince Harry-like antics; Colette, a celebrity girlfriend chased by fevered paparazzi; and the man Rachel spent her entire life waiting to meet: her father. Meanwhile, Singapore's It Girl, Astrid Leong, is shocked to discover there is a downside to having a newly minted tech billionaire husband. A romp through Asia's most exclusive clubs, auction houses, and estates, China Rich Girlfriend brings us into the elite circles of Mainland China, introducing a captivating cast of characters, and offering an inside glimpse at what it's like to be gloriously, crazily, China-rich. 

My Review:

Okay, wow. I immediately dove into this one as soon as I finished Crazy Rich Asians because I needed to know what happened next to theses characters, and it did not disappoint! If you thought Crazy Rich Asians read like a fun gossip magazine then this one is next level. It brings the same humorous tones but adds a larger peppering of drama and I was here. for. it. As soon as I reached the halfway mark there was no putting it down. 

I just love this world so much and (almost) all of the characters. Even the ones I am not "supposed" to like I feel like I have this weird connection with (cough, Elenore, cough). In China Rich Girlfriend, Rachel and Nick return to go on a trip to meet up with Rachels father and boy does their adventure take a wild ride. You get another look at all the glitz and glam but even more scandal, surprise, and dare I even say crime?! If you enjoyed the first installment I think you will most definitely enjoy this one too.

Kevin Kwan's writing is so enjoyable to read. He does a superb job at creating worlds and the best characters. Have you read any of the Crazy Rich Asians series? If so, which book was your favorite? Or have you picked up his latest novel, Sex and Vanity? I'm debating picking it up, but want to read through some of my TBR pile first... Anyhow, onto the next book in this series.

Catch you later, 

Molly 

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest