The Last Thing He Told Me Review


 

The Last Thing He Told Me 

By: Laura Dave    
Released: May 4th, 2021  
Pages: 320
My Rating: 3/5 

Goodreads Synopsis: 
Despite her confusion and fear, Hannah Hall knows exactly whom the note refers: Owen's sixteen-year-old daughter, Bailey. Bailey, who lost her mother tragically as a child. Bailey, who wants absolutely nothing to do with her new stepmother. 

As Hannah's increasingly desperate calls to Owen go unanswered; as the FBI arrests Owen's boss; as a US Marshal and FBI agents arrive at her Sausalito home unannounced, Hannah quickly realizes her husband isn't who he said he was. And that Bailey just may hold the key to figuring out Owen's true identity-and why he really disappeared. 

Hannah and Bailey set out to discover the truth, together. But as they start putting together the pieces of Owen's past, they soon realize they are also building a new future. One neither Hannah nor Bailey could have anticipated. 
 
My Review: 
I have not read a thriller in a while so when I saw this as a Book of the Month option, I scooped it up right away. I have not been reading many thrillers as of late because I have not been very impressed by them. I read so many last year and got a little burnt out on them plus the past few that I have read just have not wowed me. 

My issue with thrillers is that I always feel like something is missing. They never feel super climatic to me and the twists just do not interest me much. Unfortunately, that is the issue I ran into with this book. I found the fist half to be pretty captivating and flew through it but the second half made me feel bored. 

The twists in this one were good but I just did not grow as attached to the characters as I felt I should to care enough about it. It almost feels like this book was too short and could have benefitted from some more character development. It's not that I disliked this book, hence the three star rating, I just do not feel like I will pick it up again or really even think about it ever again. 

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? What are some of your favorite thriller books, I would love to get back into them but need something really good to jumpstart my interest. 

Catch you later, 
Molly 

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest