Get a Life, Chloe Brown Review


 

Get a Life, Chloe Brown 

By: Talia Hibbert  
Released: November 5th, 2019 
Pages: 373
My Rating: 3/5 

Goodreads Synopsis: 
Chloe Brown is a chronically ill computer geek with a goal, a plan, and a list. After almost-but not quite-dying, she's come up with seven directives to help her "Get a Life", and she's already completed the first: finally moving out of her glamorous family's mansion. The next items?

• Enjoy a drunken night out. 
• Ride a motorcycle. 
• Go camping. 
• Have meaningless but throughly enjoyable sex. 
• Travel the world with nothing but hand luggage. 
• And...do something bad. 

But it's not easy being bad, even when you've written step-by-step guidelines on how to do it correctly. What Chloe needs is a teacher, and she knows just the man for the job. 

Redford 'Red' Morgan is a handyman with tattoos, a motorcycle, and more sex appeal than ten-thousand Hollywood heartthrobs. He's also an artist who paints at night and hides his work in the light of day, which Chloe knows because she spies on him occasionally. Just the teeniest, tiniest bit. 

But when she enlists Red in her mission to rebel, she learns things about him that no spy session could teach her. Like why he clearly resents Chloe's wealthy background. And why he never shows his art to anyone. And what really lies beneath his rough exterior...


My Review:
I heard so much hype about this book before really digging into it and I was expecting so much from it due to that. However, I am sad to report that I didn't love it! I blame a lot of that due to all the hoopla surrounding this series and also the fact that I maybe was not in the mood for a romance novel. 

I just found this book to be predictable and nothing special. It felt as if I had read this book before. In my opinion, there was nothing new here that has not been done before. The only unique thing this book had to offer was that the main character had a chronic illness. Now, while I say that I did not enjoy it, I am giving it three stars because it was not inherently bad. It was a okay book but just nothing memorable. 

If you are looking for a quick and easy romance novel with a fair amount of steam then maybe you will enjoy this. I just don't think this one was for me and that is okay! I do want to check out the other books in the series but will be waiting to start those until I am sure I am ready for a romance. 

Signing off, 
Molly 

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest