Heartstopper Vol. 1 Review


 

Heartstopper Vol. 1 

By: Alice Oseman 
Released: October 2018 
Pages: 278
My Rating: 4/5 

Goodreads Synopsis: 
Charlie, a high-strung, openly gay over-thinker, and Nick, a cheerful, soft-hearted rugby player, meet at a British all-boys grammar school. Friendship blooms quickly, but could there be something more...?

Charlie Spring is in Year 10 at Truham Grammar School for Boys. The pastier hasn't been too great, but at least he's not being bullied anymore. Nick Nelson is in Year 11 and on the school rugby team. He's hear a little about Charlie - the kid who was outed last year and bullied for a few months - but he's never had the opportunity to talk to him. 

They quickly become friends, and soon Charlie is falling hard for Nick, even though he doesn't think he has a great chance. But love works in surprising ways, and sometimes good things are waiting just around the corner...

My Review:
This may be the cutest thing I have ever read. I do not read very many graphic novels but the art style really caught my attention in this one. Honestly, my only complaint with this book is that if felt too short and I need more. Luckily for me, there are three others in there series currently and you can bet your bottoms that I ordered them as soon as finishing up this one. 

Heartstopper is just a adorable story and I like the deep dive it starts to take into mental health too. I cannot wait for the other two books to arrive so I can dig right in and I also was excited to hear this was going to be made into a Netflix series. 

Graphic novels are short, so it feels hard to write a review for this one, but if you are looking for a romance that is cute but not overly steamy and offers a fair amount of drama then give this one a go! There is not much you will not love in this book. It will make you feel like the heart eyes emoji all throughout reading it. 

Signing off,
Molly 

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest