The Butterfly Garden Review


 

The Butterfly Garden  

By: Dot Hutchison   
Released: June 1st, 2016 
Pages: 288
My Rating: 4/5 

Goodreads Synopsis: 
Near an isolated mansion lies a beautiful garden.

In this garden grow luscious flowers, shady trees...and a collection of precious "butterflies" - young women who have been kidnapped and intricately tattooed to resemble their namesakes. Overseeing it all is the Gardener, a brutal, twisted man obsessed with capturing and preserving his lovely specimens. 

When the garden is discovered, a survivor is brought in for questioning. FBI agents Victor Hanoverian and Brandon Eddison are tasked with piercing together one of the most stomach-churring cases of their careers. But the girl, known only as Maya, proves to be a puzzle herself. 

As her story twists and turns, slowly shedding light on life in the Butterfly Garden, Maya reveals old grudges, new saviors, and horrific tales of a man who'd go to any length to hold beauty captive. But the more she shares, the more agents have to wonder what she's still hiding...

My Review:
What did I just read?! This book was haunting and oh so good. I did not want to stop reading because I needed to know the whole story. Just when I thought I was getting to a good place to set the book down it would pick right back up with the action and I was left turning page after page until I got to the end. 

I knew this book was going to be dark going into it. I actually found out about this one on booktube through a monthly wrap up so I knew there was going to be some disturbing topics. Before reading this one I recommend looking up the trigger warnings as there are some heavier topics covered that may not be for everyone. With that in mind, this book was so good. It kept me captivated until the very end and even then I was sad for the book to be over. I am hoping there are more in this series because I enjoyed the concept of it. Even though I am not the biggest fan of the twist at the end, I still feel like this was one of my favorite books I read this year. I understand why the author chose the twist but I also feel that it felt convenient. 

If you are in the market for a dark thriller, this is totally worth a shot! This is what I was wanting out of so many of the other thrillers I have read and have been disappointed with recently. I know this one has been out for a few years by now, so if you have already read it I would love to hear your thoughts on it! Did you see the twist at the end coming? What are some of your favorite thrillers of all time?

Signing off, 
Molly 

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest