Under the Whispering Door Review



Under the Whispering Door 

By: T. J. Klune  
Released: September 21st, 2021  
Pages: 373
My Rating: 5/5 

Goodreads Synopsis: 
When a reaper comes to collect Wallace Price from his own funeral, Wallace suspects he really might be dead. 

Instead of leading him directly to the afterlife, the reaper takes him to a small village. On the outskirts, off the path through the woods, tucked between mountains, is a particular tea shop, run by a man named Hugo. Hugo is the tea shop's owner to locals and the ferryman to souls who need to cross over. 

But Wallace isn't ready to abandon the life he barely lived. With Hugo's help he finally starts to learn about all the things he missed in life. 

When the Manager, a curious and powerful being, arrives at the tea shop and gives Wallace one week to cross over, Wallace sets about living a lifetime in seven days. 

My Review:

Oh my goodness. Whatever you are doing right now, stop, and go buy this book! You have to read this if you have not oh my gosh. 

Under the Whispering Door is one of the most cathartic books I have read this year. I was sobbing by the end of it because it truly broke my heart in so many pieces, but in the best way. This is one of the few books I have read this year where I liked EVERY character I was introduced to. I became so connected to everyone in the story, much like I found I did in House in the Cerulean Sea. 

Honestly, I have nothing but rave things to say about this book. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for their next book. It is truly an amazing read and has wonderful character developments. I cannot say enough good things about this book, so please just pick up a copy. I promise you will not be let down!


Signing off, 

Molly 


Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest