Tomie Review


 

Tomie

By: Junji Ito 
Released: December 20th, 2016 
Pages: 752
My Rating: 5/5 

Goodreads Synopsis: 
Tomie Kawakami is a femme fatale with long black hair and a beauty mark under her left eye. She can seduce nearly any man, and drive them to murder as well, even though the victim is often Tomie herself. While one lover seeks to keep her for himself, another grows terrified of the immortal succubus. But soon they realize that no matter how many times they kill her, the world will never be free of Tomie. 

My Review:
I was introduced to Junji Ito through the anime collection on Crunchyroll. I was enjoying watching that quite a bit and noticed that my Barnes and Nobles had a whole endocarp dedicated to his manga and wanted to check one out. I was looking through all the titles and was debating getting a collection of short stories of one that follows the same character. I settled on Tomie because the premise intrigued me the most. 

I don't read a ton of manga and honestly, after reading this would like to dive into more. I had such a fun time reading this. It kept me very captivated and I was so sad when I got to the end of it. Even though this book had some horrifying moments in it, I found it to be so enjoyable. I found myself liking Tomie more than I maybe should but she's just such a great character. 

I will 100% be getting more manga from Junji Ito, so if you have any recommendations please let me know. I cannot wait to start more from him because like I said, I had the best time reading this one and I cannot wait for more like it. Do you read manga? What's your favorite? 
 
Signing off, 
Molly 

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest