A Season for Second Chances Review



A Season for Second Chances   

By: Jenny Bayliss 
Released: October 19th, 2021 
Pages: 448
My Rating: 5/5 

Goodreads Synopsis: 
Annie Sharpe's spark for life has fizzled out. Her kids are grown up, her restaurant is doing just fine on its own, and her twenty-six-year marriage has come to an unceremonious end. Untethered for the fist time in her adult life, she finds a winter guardian position in a historic seaside home and decides to leave her city life behind for a brand new beginning. 

When she arrives in Willow Bay, Annie is enamored by the charming house, the invigorating sea breeze, and the town's rich seasonal traditions. Not to mention, her neighbors receive her with open arms--that is, all except the surly nephew of the homeowner, whose grand plans of the property are at odds with her residency. As Christmas approaches, tensions and tides rise in Willow Bay, and Annie's future seems less and less certain. But with a little can-do-spirit and holiday magic, the most difficult time of her life will become...a season for second chances. 

My Review:
I chose this as my first holiday book of the year because I was so excited to start another book by Jenny Bayliss. I adored her Twelve Dates of Christmas last year and could not wait to start up this one. There is just something about her writing style that is equally hilarious and heartwarming. 

A Season for Second Chances did not let me down. This was one of the cutest books I have read this year without being too cute, if you know what I mean. It had a nice bit of romance tied into a story of a women finding herself and it was the perfect amount of both. So often I find holiday books and even movies to be so cheesy and sometimes I am in the mood for that but most of the time they tend to be too much for me. Not this one. This was the perfect amount of romance and it brought the same awkward humor The Twelve Dates of Christmas had which I loved. 

By the end of this book I found myself wanting to escape to Willow Bay. The place just sounds perfect with all the celebrations and small town vibes. I would love to open up a cafe there given the chance. While I read this book for the holidays it is not necessarily a holiday book, so if you do not have time to read it before December is over this would also be a perfect winter read. That means there is no excuse to sit on this one! 
 
Signing off, 
Molly 

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest