Lovesickness Review


 

Lovesickness  

By: Junji Ito 
Released: April 20th, 2021
Pages: 408
My Rating: 4/5 

Goodreads Synopsis: 
A innocent love becomes a bloody hell in another superb collection by master of horror Junji Ito. 

Ryusuke returns to the town he once lived in because rumors are swirling about girls killing themselves after encountering a bewitchingly handsome young man. Harboring his own secret from time spent in this town, Ryusuke attempts to capture the beautiful boy and close the case, but...

My Review:
Listen, I was hesitant to get this short story collection at first because it did not have the best reviews compared to some of Ito's other novels. The cover always caught my eye though and I finally decided to bite the bullet and pick it up. 

I had no clue this was going to be one of the stories the Junji Ito Anime Collection covered. While that anime series left much to be desired it was cool to see that this was one of the stories covered in that and to know a bit of what was coming. I had no clue though where this story would go! I will say this one remind me a bit of Tomie with the characters being all high school aged and having that air of innocence until things take a horrific turn. 

I really enjoyed lovesickness and the other short stories that followed it. The house of pain...am I right?! Ito continues to scare the crap out of me and I still cannot get enough of it. I have this odd fascination towards it and just want to consume more and more no matter how grotesque. Do you have a favorite story by Ito? 


Signing off, 
Molly 

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest