Sensor Review


 

Sensor 

By: Junji Ito 
Released: August 17th, 2021
Pages: 240
My Rating: 3/5 

Goodreads Synopsis: 
Horror master Junji Ito explores a new frontier with a grand cosmic horror tale in which a mysterious woman has her way with the world! 

Did she wander in? Or was she drawn in...?

A women walks alone at the foot of Mount Sengoku. A man appears, saying he's been waiting for her, and invited her to a nearby village. Surprisingly, the village is covered in hairlike volcanic glass fibers, and all of it shines a bright gold. At night, when the villagers perform their custom of gazing up at the starry sky, countless unidentified flying objects come raining down on them, the opening act for the terror about to occur. 

My Review:
Okay, this was not my favorite Junji Ito novel but it was still enjoyable! I get what he was going for with this one but at the same time it felt a little scattered and all over the place in some spots. I love more of the horror and gore from Ito and this seemed to not have quite as much. I did not love the reporter as the narrator of the novel, but at the same time, it gave an air of eeriness to the other characters. The art in this was amazing and I recommend it highly for that alone. I could literally look at the panels all day everyday.  I cannot wait for his new novel to come out this summer. You can bet I have it preordered because I cannot get enough of his work. Do you have a favorite manga series? 

Signing off, 
Molly 

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest