Olympus Texas Review


 

Olympus Texas   

By: Stacey Swann 
Released: May 4th, 2021
Pages: 318
My Rating: 4/5 

Goodreads Synopsis: 
The Briscoe family is once again the talk of their small town when march returns to East Texas two years after he was caught having an affair with his brother's wife. His mother, June, hardly welcomes him back with open arms. Her husband's own past affairs have made her tired of being the long-suffering spouse. IS it, perhaps time for a change? Within days of March's arrival, someone is dead, marriages are upended, and even the strongest of alliances are shattered. In the end, the ties that hold them together might be exactly what drags them all down. 

An expansive tour de force, Olympus Texas cleverly weaves elements of classical mythology into a throughly modern family saga, rich in drama and psychological complexity. After all, at some point, don't we all wonder: What good is this destructive force we call love?

My Review:
Wow, what a book. If you are like myself and love a good family drams, then you have got to put this book on your TBR list. I found this book through the podcast and Her Books and when both hosts listed it in their top ten books of 2021I knew I would have to give this one a go. When I was looking for a book start my new year with I circled back to this one, reread the synopsis, clicked order, and dove right in. 

I could not have picked a better book to be my first of 2022. It kicked my reading year off with a wonderful start. This book is filled with family dysfunction and I was there for it. So many of the quarrels stem from much deeper things than what is on the surface and learning the root causes of things as you are reading along was a trip. I thought the author did a great job at building all the characters and giving us a nice amount of backstory without being too drawn out. The way the past chapters are sprinkled in are perfect. 

Honestly, the only bad thing I have to say about this book is that I believe this is this authors only book and I'm going to be needing more from her ASAP. Her writing style was a joy to read and I have to say I had a great time taking this story in. 

Signing off, 
Molly 

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest