March Small Goals



Long time no see! It’s been a bit since my last post on here. Honestly,  this lag started out pretty unintentional — I just had been feeling so unmotivated lately, especially because of the weather. I am so sick of the snow! If I see one more flurry I think I might scream. I cannot recall the last time I felt this ready for spring to get here.
One other reason I’ve been away from here is because I went to turn on my laptop a couple weekends ago, and it was not holding any kind of charge. So, I just decided to bite the bullet and get myself a new laptop. Granted, my old one was about five years old already. I got a new Dell XPS 13 and, so far, I love it. The keyboard is the most satisfying keyboard I’ve ever typed on, and I’m just super stoked to have a keyboard that’s back lit now (it’s the little things, right?).
Now that’s enough rambling, let’s jump into this month’s small goals!
1.    Make a laptop lap table – I found this tutorial a while ago and have had it bookmarked since. I figured what better time to make it than now for my new laptop! I plan on purchasing the supplies for it within the next week or so. It seems easy enough and I love how you can customize it. I will keep you updated on how it goes for me.
2.    Utilize my planner to the fullest – If you didn’t already know, I love planning. I have a handful of Etsy shops that I love to purchase stickers, washi, and spreads from (I am planning on doing a post of my favorite Etsy shops soon!). I feel like I finally have a good rhythm going for how I set up my weeks, so now I just want to utilize it more. I love seeing spreads that are more interactive. I want to track more like how much I read in my book and how much water I drank that day, and I also want to note down a daily gratitude. I feel like that could be something to help me live more in the moment and not worry about what is going to happen tomorrow or the next day. I also plan on creating more blog posts about my planner habits as well as a “plan-with-me” post. Let me know if that is something you want to see, or if it’s something you are also obsessed with (I need more friends who understand my love for planner stickers, ha!).
3.    Stay on budget – Let’s just say the past few months I have been taking the phrase “treat yo’ self” a bit too literal. I haven’t done anything to crazy, and I still have been very responsible, but I have not been sticking to my budget, which stresses me out. I have my budget for March all planned out, and I fully intend on sticking to it. I have made some changes to make it a bit more realistic for me to follow, so here’s to that!
4.    Blog more – Now that I have a laptop that works like a dream ,there is no excuse for me not to be on here as much. I want to start out blogging once a week again, and take it from there. We’ll see... maybe I will blog more than once a week, but I don’t want to set a goal quite yet. I can’t wait though — I have so many ideas brewing for posts.
5.    Clean out skincare/haircare – If you follow me on Instagram you know that I recently went through all of my make up and narrowed it to down to my essentials. I just had so much that I wasn’t using anymore and it felt so good to “declutter.” Now, I want to do the same thing for my skincare and hair care. I have more than I could use in a lifetime. Can you say hoarder?
6.    Start to plan a spring capsule wardrobe – While I can’t wait for spring to get here, I am dreading putting away my sweaters. I don’t like winter, but I do love dressing for it. (I love my turtlenecks and long sleeves.) I feel like a have a fair amount of clothing that I like for spring, but I just don’t feel excited about anything in particular. So, I want to gather about 30-40 pieces I love and rotate through those during spring. I realize I will have to buy some more pieces and I just said one of my goals was to stay on budget, but don’t worry, I already have it planned into this month’s budget 😉 (I know that’s what was on everyone’s mind, ha).
Well, that’s all! After typing these out I feel like there is a decent number of things I want to try to do this month. It’ll keep me busy, but a good busy. I need this after pretty much hibernating through winter. I literally didn’t do much of anything besides work!
What are you working on this month? If you want to read some other awesome small goals posts, check out the link up and feel free to post your own too!
Happy March!

Molly 

Credits//Author: Molly Adamczyk. Graphic: Molly Adamczyk Copy Editor: Ashley Adamczyk


Comments

Post a Comment

  1. Ooh all your planning posts sound like fun! I am also a planner addict and I love to see how other people use their planners/bullet journals/etc. I feel like I'm always struggling to stay on budget too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love being a planner and organized in the day to day. I haven’t gotten too crazy with washi tape but maybe I haven’t found something that I love yet.
    Great to meet you and great to read your goals. I hope March has been a good month for you. :)

    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel like once you start with some good washi you can't stop! I just hoard it. Hope your March went well too! :)

      Delete

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest