My Night Routine


I never really had any kind of night routine. A lot of times I would come home from work, make dinner, and fall asleep on the couch by 8 pm. After getting frustrated with myself for not being as efficient as I knew I could be, I set out to create a night routine. I feel very good about what I have been doing, and it has been working out well for me in terms of being productive. Now, I am able to get a lot done and not just fall asleep on the couch.
Since I’ve shared my morning routine on here, I thought it would only make sense to share my new and improved night routine, too.
First things first: After I get home from work, I always change out of my work clothes and put on some lounge wear. I just love getting into some comfy clothes before I do anything else because doing so helps put me in a more relaxed mindset.
After I change my clothes, I will usually talk to Kody about how our days went and anything else we want to talk about, including what to eat for dinner. We have been trying to cut back on eating out by making dinner at home. Once we decide, we sit down and enjoy our meal.
Then, I take off my makeup and hop in the shower. I have been trying to practice some self-care, so I put on some body lotion and throw on a face mask after my shower. While my face mask is on, I catch up on social media (mainly Instagram). Once I wash my face mask off, I follow up with my nightly skincare routine.
Once that is done, I spend the rest of my night working on the blog. Each night I have a set of tasks I want to accomplish. This is easily my favorite part of the night because I can just sit back, relax, and work on something just for me. It’s my time to just be creative and a nice way to step back from the day and do something that makes me happy.
After I work on my posts and plans, it’s usually about time to get ready for some sleep. Since I wake up around 5 am, I try to go to sleep by 10 pm. Before I fall asleep, though, I try to read a chapter in whatever book I may be reading. Currently I am reading The Girls by Emma Cline. As soon as I feel myself dozing off, I put my book down, turn off the light, and get all tucked into bed. (Admittedly, there are plenty of times I fall asleep while reading only to wake up with all the lights on and my book poking me in the face, but let’s not get too into that.)
Even though I still prefer mornings, this routine helps me become a bit more of a night person. What is your night routine?
Nighty, night!

Molly

Credits//Author: Molly Adamczyk. Photography: Molly Adamczyk Copy Editor: Ashley Adamczyk

Comments

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest