May Small Goals


April, where did you go? Every month just seems to come and go in a flash. But, every day in April was productive: Kody and I joined a gym, and consistently go four times a week; I created and implemented a brand new night routine, which has been working very well; I bought an Erin Condren planner; and, perhaps most importantly, the weather finally decided to start getting warmer. Since April was such a great month, I’m really looking forward to May… and my birthday!
Yep, I’m turning 23 years old tomorrow. To celebrate, Kody is taking me out to dinner, but I just can’t decide what I want. Honestly, I’ll be fine with anything as long as I get some Cold Stone ice cream. In fact, I love their cotton candy ice cream so much that I told Kody to get me a big tub of it instead of a cake.
So, life is good right now! Before we see what goals I set for May, here is an update on April’s small goals:
  1. Stay on budget – I did pretty well with this goal last month! I was pretty proud of myself. I still plan on reworking my budget this month to make it more realistic for me but, overall, I feel proud of myself for accomplishing this goal in April!
  2. Practice self-care – Done and done! I even wrote a post about how I am practicing self-care because this me-time makes such a big difference in the way I feel.
  3. Read a new book – I am crossing this goal off the list even though I have not finished the book yet. (I am so close!) I started to reading The Girls by Emma Cline, but I had some trouble getting into it. After pushing forward, though, I’m enjoying it. After I finish this book, I plan to start another one!
  4. Go through my shoes – I did not get to this goal. However, I will accomplish it soon, as it is one of my May goals!
  5. Create a sticker haul postFrankly, this goal was a big fail. Instead of saving my stickers for a post, I started using them. So, I just couldn’t produce the quality post I planned. I’m going to try this goal again, but maybe through an Instagram story rather than a blog post.
Three out of five – not bad at all! I feel good about last month, but let’s see what’s going on in May:
  1. Go through my shoes As promised, this goal is at the top of my to-do list. Time is not an issue, because I just need to declutter my shoes.
  2. Bake something – I really enjoy baking and want to make something tasty this month. Honestly, I’ll probably just make some cookies because they are fun to decorate. However, the flavor is still to be determined.
  3. Start using the “get things done” (GTD) planning method – As a birthday present to myself, I purchased another Foxy Fix planner. Unlike my travelers notebook, though, this one has rings and is the new pink peppercorn color! I can’t wait to set it up. To do so, I’m going to implement the GTD method in it since it will be my every day carry. If you’re not familiar with this planning method, don’t worry — I plan on making a blog post all about it!
  4. Drink more waterSince Kody and I regularly go to the gym, I am beginning to realize how important it is to stay hydrated. So, I need to drink more water throughout the day because there is nothing worse than going to the gym feeling dehydrated and tired. To accomplish this goal, I plan on tracking my water intake on my Samsung Health app.
  5. Say yes to the dressThis month, I am going wedding dress shopping with my mom and sister. I am so excited because I have a vision of what I want. The only challenge will be finding that vision in the store. I’m going to bring lots of pictures along, so hopefully it goes well!
That’s about all I have for this month! What are some things you are working on for May? Here’s to one of my favorite months of the year!
Happy May,

Molly

Credits//Author: Molly Adamczyk. Photography: Molly Adamczyk Copy Editor: Ashley Adamczyk     


Comments

Post a Comment

  1. Happy birthday! Have fun wedding dress shopping too, that is so exciting! Way to go with your self-care and budgeting goals too, those can be hard to stick to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm trying my best to hold myself accountable so here's to sticking with it.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Mine is May 30, so yay for May Birthdays! It is a good time of the year. I'm trying to go to the gym more too, but allergies really knocked me down and I'm still not on a really good, set schedule, but that's one thing I hope to work on more!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest